Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So much to be thankful for.

As the Thanksgiving holidays have passed. I reflect on how lucky I am to have 2 wonderful extended families to enjoy. Which I enjoyed, very much, this holiday weekend.

I always marvel how my Mother continues to create. As a kid I remember the holiday season very fondly. In her heyday, she had decorations in every room. Yes, even the bathrooms. Really. (Mostly which she made herself) While visting over Thanksgiving, the kids and I got to help decorate her tree. Some shots of her (and our) handiwork here.

Her extensive collection of Santas on the mantel.






















Her handmade miniature beaded Christmas tree. Amazing.






















MJ loading up the tree. I remember lots of these ornaments from years gone by.






















Mose enjoys each and every one.






















The creativity extends to my sister, Dawn, who made this nativity from wool. Love it!





















The collection of Santa's helpers is impressive, as well.






















My Mom embraces the fact that we are Jewish, in my family, and proudly displays Mathilda's popsicle stick star of David on the tree.






















These are truly the show stoppers. She makes these carolers from glass bottles, foam balls, dip'N'drap and misc. notions. The front teeth are pin heads in different sizes. Magical!






















And, of course, a stocking for each grandchild.





















She is Mother load!






















At the Houston Mayers we celebrated mostly around the gorgeous dinner table (or in front of a football game:) Eric watches the guest of honor, Mr. T.





















The glasses are filled.






















Linda, Peter and Josh looking for seconds.





















The spread.





















Eva Jane has Mr. T's leg all to herself.























I happen to be a big fan of the Jello mold. Especially orange ones.


Isabelle and Dottie talking about world issues or belly buttons.






















Josh, Eric and Sam. Ready for dessert or maybe some badminton is in order.


On a scale of 1-10? This holiday was a...
From the sign on the 10th floor hotel room at The Derek in Houston :)






















No comments: